Monday, January 31st, 2011
Ayyam-i-Ha Craft: Advent Style Banner
Ayyam-i-Ha Craft: Advent Style Banner (c) Tao of Craft
Ayyam-i-Ha is the time of the year for gift giving, celebrating and performing acts of charity. Here’s an advent type banner with 4 pockets–1 for each day of Ayyam-i-Ha that one crafty mama created for Ayyam-i-Ha. Each morning her kids wake up to a surprise. This post has been reprinted with permission from Carrie over at Tao Of Craft.
Felt in coordinating pieces
Rainbow strip of fabric (or make your own from different color felt strips)
Pinking sheers (if you want a pinked edge)
Baha’i star template ~ You can download it HERE
1. Create the base: cut a piece of wool felt 37′ x 17′. I used pinking sheers to cut as to keep a nice edge.
2. Make the pockets: cut 4 felt pieces 8′ x 8′. Depending on the age of your kids, the kids can help you measure and cut.
3. Trace the four shapes earth, Bahai star, heart and rainbow using different color felt. Let the kids do this part. Cut each shape out.
4. Using fabric glue, create the pocket designs.
5. Once the glue has dried, glue the pocket to the base fabric. Glue the sides and bottom of the pocket to the base, leaving the top edge open.
6. Hang it up and full the pockets!
Each day of Ayyam-i-Ha you can fill a pocket with a fun family activity, treats or small gifts.
© 2011 – 2014, The Editors. All rights reserved.
More Great Stuff You'll Love: