Tuesday, May 31st, 2011
St. Jean Baptiste Craft: Make a Snowy Owl
A popular symbol of Quebec is the snowy owl (the national bird). To celebrate St. Jean Baptiste day, let’s make something fun and representative of Quebec.
1 regular-size paper plate
1 dessert-size paper plate
Cotton balls or white feathers (or even both)
Scraps of yellow and brown construction paper
1. Cut triangle shape out of the bottom of a large paper plate.
2. Glue a small paper plate over the large plate so that it sticks out 1 to 2 inches on top of the large plate.
3. Cut a triangle out of the brown paper for the nose and two circles from the yellow construction paper for the eyes.
4. Glue on eyes and beak. Use black marker to add to the eyes.
5. Glue cotton balls all over and you have an owl!
© 2011 – 2013, The Editors. All rights reserved.
More Great Stuff You'll Love: