Friday, June 15th, 2012
Giveaway: Welcome to the World Basket
CONTEST NOW CLOSED.
CultureBaby is a store that’s right up our alley at InCultureParent. They sell baby and children’s items from around the world. Think bold-printed burp cloths from India, warm booties from New Zealand, Irish baby blankets, wool hat and gloves from Chile and much more. It’s the perfect place to shop for your children’s items if you want to bring more culture into your home. Another plus about CultureBaby is they support an initiative called Maternova to benefit midwives in Haiti, and we love businesses who think about giving back to the world around them.
Thanks to CultureBaby, we are giving away one of their Welcome to the World gift baskets. It retails for $180 but for one lucky InCultureParent reader, it is free! The is a gender-neutral basket, put together exclusively for InCultureParent, and includes the following items:
• Ghana bib (batik printed by hand on recycled flour sacks by female artisans)
• Chile hat, mittens and booties (hand knitted on natural, untreated sheep’s wool in Pucon, Chile)
• Irish baby blanket (hand knit with donegal yarn in County Cork)
• Indian block print burp clothes
• World Lullabies CD
• Compassion for the World poster
• Around the World Sesame Street onesie
• Central Asian decorative ornament (a felt peace dove made of yak’s wool by a female entrepreneur cooperative in Kyrgyzstan)
• And an automatic $5 donation to midwives for Haiti
It comes packaged in a Haitian-made artisanal basket.
Seriously, how can you not love getting all those cool items AND making a donation at the same time you are winning?! So let’s get down to it. Here’s what you need to do to win:
Answer ONE of these two questions in the comments section below: What special items do you buy for a baby in your culture? OR what specific item from another culture do you think CultureBaby should carry?
Just pick one and answer it! Please do not answer as two separate comments. Only one of your answers to this question will be counted.
Want more chances to win? Of course you do, so here you go:
**Please leave a separate comment as we will pick the winner by random number generator based on the number of comments.
1. Sign up for our email list: http://www.incultureparent.com/sign-up . We don’t spam you, sell or giveaway your email, we just would like to have you as part of our growing community! Once you have signed up, please leave us a comment below letting us know what first name you signed up with. (we do check!)
2. Follow InCultureParent and CultureBaby on Facebook
3. Follow us (@incultureparent) and CultureBaby (@cltrbaby) on twitter and tweet about this giveaway including a link to the post and @incultureparent. Copy the link to the tweet in an additional comment on the giveaway’s post.
4. Repost any one of our InCultureParent articles on your Facebook page (your pick) and leave us a comment telling us which article you reposted. (Please note, it must be one of our site’s articles you repost, not just any article we have linked to on our Facebook page.)
In total, you have 5 changes to win!
This contest will close Wednesday June 27 at 10 p.m. PT and is open to everyone around the world. CultureBaby is kind enough to ship all this stuff globally. Good luck!
© 2012, InCultureParent Magazine. All rights reserved.
More Great Stuff You'll Love: