Monday, November 5th, 2012
Diwali Craft: Make a Lantern
Brightly colored tissue paper (in the spirit of Diwali)
Sequins or glitter
Glue and Q-tip to apply it
Clear glass jar (transparent)
Craft wire (or even heavier string could work)
- Cut the tissue paper into small pieces–depending on your child’s age, they could also do this step.
- Allow your child to glue the pieces of tissue paper onto the glass jar, using a Q-tip to apply the glue (this prevents over-gluing and mess with young kids).
- Let kids “garnish” the light with sequins and glitter as they desire.
- Allow to dry.
- While the lantern is drying, have you child string beads on the wire.
- Wrap the wire around the lantern. You can even create a handle with the wire to hang the lantern if you desire!
- Put your candle inside, and you have yourself a lantern!
© 2012, Stephanie Meade. All rights reserved.
More Great Stuff You'll Love: