The Three Kings, also known as the three wise men, tres magos or tres reyes, historically walked to Bethlehem over 12 days. To commemorate the Three Kings, make some crowns. All kids like dressing up, especially as royalty, so indulge their pretend play aspirations.
Any color construction paper or poster board
Any shiny materials you have around the house and/or fake jewels
1. Cut a strip of construction paper into a 2-3 inch band, making triangular points along the top.
2. Cut out some shapes from shiny materials you have around the house—think leftover candy wrappers, tin foil, etc. and glue them onto the crown. If you have any plastic jewels, these also work well as a decoration. Other possibilities for designing are to give your kids some glue, a Q-tip and glitter, and let them make their own designs.
3. Glue a strip of ribbon around the bottom.
4. Wrap the strip of paper around your child’s head to determine the size. You may need to cut out an additional strip to make the crown longer. Glue the ends together in a circle.
5. Your kids now have a crown!