Monday, February 11th, 2013
Dragon Craft from Paper Plates
Paper plate dragon-Lunar New Year/ (c) InCultureParent
4 white paper plates
Paint—you definitely need some red
Streams or tissue paper
Pom poms for eyes
- Let your kids paint each of the 4 papers plates in different colors. Make sure you have some red and gold (yellow) in there. Red symbolizes good luck and gold wealth.
- Once the paint has dried take one plate for the head of the dragon. Glue pom pom eyes onto the dragon. Stick some folded pipe cleaners (in red or pink) through the plate for his fiery whiskers.
- Cut out a spiky red head from the construction paper and glue it to the top of the plate, above the eyes
- Staple or glue each of the plates to one another, in a line straight down.
- Cut out strips of red and yellow streamers or tissue paper and staple or glue the streamers onto each plate.
Our dragon is the entryway decoration in our house. Where will you hang yours?
© 2013, Stephanie Meade. All rights reserved.
More Great Stuff You'll Love: