Image Source: firstpalette.com
More than its rich history, artists, or cuisine, Armenia is probably best known for its carpets. This is a fun project for kids and also good for fine motor skills.
- Various types and colors of paper
Instructions to Weave Armenian Carpet
1. Take one sheet of paper and fold it in half.
2. Starting on the folded side, cut lines into the paper that are about 1 inch apart–depending on how thick you want the weave to be. Cut lines all the way down the folded side. Do not cut to the end of the paper but leave about one inch.
3. Open the paper–now you have your weaving canvas.
4. Cut other pieces of paper into long and one inch thick strips.
5. Have your child weave the paper strips under and over each line of the weaving canvas.
6. Once you are finished weaving, glue the end of each piece onto the back. You can trim off the excess length.
- How to Make a Pinata (according to my six-year-old)
- Rainbow Pumpkin Craft with Melted Crayons
- Three Kings Craft: Make a Crown – A DIY for Kids
- Carnival Craft: Make a Float